B&O - Auglaize River Bridge (1874)
Bridge was 41 feet from water to rail line. The west approach was a long timber trestle over various Defiance streets that was converted to earth fill around 1883.
- Lost Bollman deck truss bridge over Auglaize River on Baltimore and Ohio Railroad
- Defiance, Defiance County, Ohio
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1874; replaced by a fishbelly Pratt deck truss
- - Baltimore & Ohio Railroad (BO)
- Bollman deck truss
Length of largest span: 140.0 ft.
Total length: 420.0 ft.
Deck width: 20.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.27980, -84.35754 (decimal degrees)
41°16'47" N, 84°21'27" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/721302/4573186 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 94735 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 14, 2021: Added by Paul Plassman