Photo submitted by Robert Kidder
BH Photo #108149
The one-lane bridge was constructed in 1884 by the Wrought Iron Bridge Company of Canton, Ohio along Beaver Creek.
The Porterfield-Binger construction Company was the lone bidder of a $9,991 rehabilitation project for Grimms Bridge on June 20, 1955. Grimms Bridge was renovated again in 1997 when new stringers and deck were installed. The bridge was also sandblasted and painted.
- Whipple through truss bridge over Little Beaver Creek on Grimms Bridge Road (TR 1042) in Calcutta
- Calcutta, Columbiana County, Ohio
- Open to traffic
- Built 1884 by the Wrought Iron Bridge Co.; rehabilitated 1960 and 1997
- - Wrought Iron Bridge Co. of Canton, Ohio
- Whipple through truss
Length of largest span: 153.9 ft.
Total length: 154.9 ft.
Deck width: 12.1 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 28.0 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.67591, -80.54031 (decimal degrees)
40°40'33" N, 80°32'25" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/538849/4502882 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- East Liverpool North
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- Inventory numbers
- ODOT 1538241 (Ohio Dept. of Transportation structure file number)
BH 27386 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of August 2018)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 30.6 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- March 20, 2017: New photo from David Case
- February 20, 2017: Updated by Sherman Cahal: Description
- July 8, 2014: New Street View added by Ralph Demars
- October 26, 2006: Posted photo from Robert Kidder