Martinsville Road Covered Bridge 35-14-09
Photo taken by Bill Eichelberger
BH Photo #145433
Zimri Wall, the builder of this bridge, would go on to start the Champion Bridge Company. Champion is still in business today and considers this to be their oldest project.
- Covered bridge over Todd's Fork on Martinsville Road (CR 14)
- Clinton County, Ohio
- Open to traffic
- Built 1871 by Zimri Wall; rehabilitated 2006
- - Zimri Wall
- Covered Multiple Kingpost through truss
Length of largest span: 33.1 ft.
Total length: 67.9 ft.
Deck width: 15.7 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.0 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on September 10, 1974
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.32983, -83.83489 (decimal degrees)
39°19'47" N, 83°50'06" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/255645/4357212 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2017)
- Inventory numbers
- ODOT 1432001 (Ohio Dept. of Transportation structure file number)
WGCB 35-14-09 (World Guide to Covered Bridges number)
NRHP 74001421 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 27375 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of November 2018)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 76.7 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- October 9, 2016: New photos from Mike Mullins
- December 8, 2015: New photos from Jack Schmidt
- March 15, 2014: Photo imported by Dave King
- March 12, 2014: Updated by Dave King: Imported photos and added street view
- August 17, 2009: New photos from Bill Eichelberger