Galloway Road Bridge
From the news: Showing the bridge closed.
Photo taken by Thomas, photo from 13wham news
BH Photo #289517
The pony truss approach span seems to have been removed at some point in time.
- Double-intersection Warren through truss bridge over Erie Canal on Galloway Road
- Wayne County, New York
- Open to traffic
- Future prospects
- As of 7/25/14, there is no known fix date.
2022 Update: Street View shows this bridge is now open to traffic.
- Built 1912; rehabilitated 1988
- Riveted, 8-panel Double-intersection Warren through truss
Riveted, 6-panel Warren pony truss with all verticals
Beam approach spans
Length of largest span: 148.0 ft.
Total length: 232.0 ft.
Deck width: 14.1 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.7 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.06611, -77.18111 (decimal degrees)
43°03'58" N, 77°10'52" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/322408/4770465 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2017)
- Inventory numbers
- NY 4437170 (New York State bridge identification number)
BH 27064 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of June 2018)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 98 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- July 30, 2022: Updated by Paul Plassman: Updated status: Street views show that bridge is now open and has been repainted and presumably rehabilitated
- November 23, 2016: New photo from Dave King
- July 28, 2014: New photo from Thomas
- July 25, 2014: Updated by Thomas: Updated Status, changed from OPEN to CLOSED
- January 9, 2014: Updated by CANALLER: Added Info & Photo.
- September 13, 2013: New Street View added by Dave King
- Dave King - DKinghawkfan [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Paul Plassman