No votes cast

Hudson River Bridge (Rt. 28N)


Hudson River Bridge (Rt. 28N)

looking south

Photo taken by ProfessorKouk

License: Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike (CC BY-SA)


View this photo on Wikipedia

BH Photo #479912

Street View 


Warren deck truss bridge over Hudson River on NY 28N
North Creek, Warren County, New York, and Essex County, New York
Open to traffic
The original bridge was built in 1875, and was demolished in 1929. The second bridge (pictured) was built in 1930; rehabilitated in 1974
Warren deck truss with alternating verticals
Length of largest span: 140.8 ft.
Total length: 453.8 ft.
Deck width: 24.0 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
Approximate latitude, longitude
+43.69972, -73.98306   (decimal degrees)
43°41'59" N, 73°58'59" W   (degrees°minutes'seconds")
Approximate UTM coordinates
18/581942/4839024 (zone/easting/northing)
Quadrangle map:
North Creek
Average daily traffic (as of 2017)
Inventory numbers
NY 1053660 (New York State bridge identification number)
BH 27014 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
Inspection report (as of December 2018)
Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 75.7 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com

Update Log 

  • December 3, 2021: Updated by Paul Plassman: Added truss type
  • August 22, 2020: New photo from Geoff Hubbs
  • October 16, 2016: New Street View added by Dana and Kay Klein



Hudson River Bridge
Posted October 9, 2016, by Mike Piontka (Spginc [at] comcast [dot] net)

This is the current bridge, built in 1930

Hudson River Bridge at North Creek, NY.
Posted October 9, 2016, by Anonymous

The original bridge over the Hudson River at North Creek was built in 1875, and lasted until 1929, when the current bridge was built.

In the winter of 1913-14, loaded ore wagons from the Tahawus Mines to the rail head in North Creek, required adding wood supports to the bridge for the extra weight. They were removed in the spring.