No votes cast
UI&E - Deep Gorge Trestle
The lengths of this bridge and the number of spans appear to be in dispute, with various sources touting its length as 463' or approximately 480', its span lengths as 46' or 30', and with either 10 or 16 spans. It stood 122'9" high.
1877 has also been given as an alternate build date.
Thanks to James Stewart for providing information and insight regarding this bridge.
- Lost Fink deck truss bridge over tributary of Cayuta Creek on Utica, Ithaca & Elmira Railroad
- Schuyler County, New York
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1873 by Clarke, Reeves & Co.; opened November 11, 1873; replaced 1890s
- - Clarke, Reeves & Co. of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- - Elmira, Cortland & Northern Railroad
- Utica, Ithaca & Elmira Railroad (UI&E)
- Fink deck truss
Length of largest span: 30.0 ft.
Total length: 480.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.24052, -76.64288 (decimal degrees)
42°14'26" N, 76°38'34" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/364452/4677787 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 102263 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 24, 2023: Updated by Paul Plassman: Added alternate build date
- January 23, 2023: Updated by Paul Plassman: Fixed type and lengths and noted dispute between lengths and number of spans in description
- January 22, 2023: Added by Paul Plassman