From 1907 to 1908, the Sandy Hill Bridge was the longest multiple span, reinforced-concrete arch bridge in the world. Its design was also the first to employ the use of separately molded concrete blocks for decorative purposes on the exterior spandrel walls, arch rings, and piers. Considering the scope of building a bridge of this magnitude in the infancy of reinforced concrete construction, eight months construction time was in itself a significant achievement.
-- Historic American Engineering Record
- Closed-spandrel arch bridge over Hudson River on Bridge Street
- Hudson Falls, Saratoga County, New York, and Washington County, New York
- Closed to all traffic
- Built 1906; rehabilitated 1973; Bypassed 1993
- Closed-spandrel arch
Length of largest span: 65.9 ft.
Total length: 990.2 ft.
Deck width: 25.3 ft.
- Also called
- Sandy Hill Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.29749, -73.58973 (decimal degrees)
43°17'51" N, 73°35'23" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/614393/4794817 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Hudson Falls
- Inventory numbers
- NY 3306430 (New York State bridge identification number)
BH 50994 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 30, 2022: New photo from Geoff Hubbs
- March 18, 2021: New photos from Josh Schmid
- January 9, 2021: New Street View added by Geoff Hubbs
- July 26, 2020: New photo from Patrick Gurwell
- April 8, 2018: New photos from Josh Schmid
- March 29, 2018: New photo from Richard Doody
- March 2, 2018: New photo from Dana and Kay Klein
- November 19, 2016: New photos from Dave King
- June 5, 2014: New Street View added by Luke Harden
- February 13, 2013: Updated by Jim Mearkle: river is county line
- January 17, 2012: Added by J.P.
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Dave King - DKinghawkfan [at] hotmail [dot] com
- HAER NY-185 - Sandy Hill Bridge, Bridge Street, spanning Hudson River, Hudson Falls, Washington County, NY
- Dana and Kay Klein
- Richard Doody
- Josh Schmid
- Patrick Gurwell - pgurwell [at] gmail [dot] com
- Geoff Hubbs