Hawkinsville Road Bridge
Photo taken by Mike Niethe in July 2018
BH Photo #432425
Written by Mike Niethe
This bridge carries State Route 294 over the Black River in Hawkinsville New York, about half way between West Leyden and Boonville.
The bridge itself is not necessarily noteworthy, but the Black River in this particular spot is very beautiful. There is a small parking area and a pathway down to the water level.
- Bridge over Black River
- Oneida County, New York
- Open for vehicular traffic.
- Steel stringer
Length of largest span: 60.7 ft.
Total length: 185.0 ft.
Deck width: 24.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.49408, -75.27580 (decimal degrees)
43°29'39" N, 75°16'33" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/477701/4815721 (zone/easting/northing)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- Inventory numbers
- NY 3310460 (New York State bridge identification number)
BH 82409 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of November 2018)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 63 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- June 29, 2020: New photo from Mike Niethe
- July 30, 2018: Essay added by Mike Niethe
- Mike Niethe - michaelniethe [at] gmail [dot] com