1st Street Bridge - Niagara River
1st ST Bridge 1
Span 3 looking toward Goat Island
Photo taken by Neil Ferguson in November 2021
BH Photo #512594
Four span steel plate girder bridge.
Span 1 over State Park Rd
Span 2 concealed in vault
Span 3 over Niagara River (American Rapids)
Span 4 concealed in vault
450 ft long main span is one of the longest plate girder spans in the country.
- Bridge over Niagara River on 1st Street
- Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York
- Open to traffic
Length of largest span: 450.0 ft.
Total length: 719.0 ft.
Deck width: 44.0 ft.
- Skew angle
- 8 degrees
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.08232, -79.06349 (decimal degrees)
43°04'56" N, 79°03'49" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/657632/4771776 (zone/easting/northing)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2010)
- Inventory numbers
- NYSDOT BIN 5068150
NY 5068150 (New York State bridge identification number)
BH 95224 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of November 2018)
- Overall condition: Good
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 61 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- November 27, 2021: New photos from Steve Conro
- November 23, 2021: Added by Neil Ferguson