Plums Bridge Wilson New York
From an old postcard
BH Photo #473748
This view is from a postcard in my collection. It is marked "Plums Bridge, Wilson N.Y."
The Village of Wilson is in Niagara County, on the southern shore of Lake Ontario.
I know nothing about this bridge with the exception of this postcard.
I'm fairly familiar with this area, and I'm confident that this bridge no longer exists.
Studying the view, my best guess is that this bridge was at (or near) the location of the present day Lake Road (Route 18) bridge that spans 12 Mile Creek near Roosevelt Beach.
- Lost Bridge over 12 Mile Creek
- Wilson, Niagara County, New York
- - Berlin Iron Bridge Co. of East Berlin, Connecticut
- Lenticular through truss
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.30765, -78.83473 (decimal degrees)
43°18'28" N, 78°50'05" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/675606/4797256 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 89579 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 12, 2020: Updated by Chester Gehman: Added design & builder info
- June 12, 2020: New photo from Mike Niethe
- Mike Niethe - michaelniethe [at] gmail [dot] com
- Chester Gehman - gehmanc2000 [at] yahoo [dot] com