NYC - Hojack Swing Bridge
Hojack Swing Bridge at mouth of Genesee River
Rome Watertown and Ogdensburg RR built first bridge across river. It was taken over by NYC about 1890
Photo taken by Ed Storey in 1975
BH Photo #223167
Built in 1905 for the New York Central's "Hojack Line," line abandoned late 1970's, bridge officially placed out of service c1993-1994.
- July 19, 2020: New photo from Geoff Hubbs
- March 19, 2018: Updated by Luke: Added link to NYSHPO HABS imagery
- April 11, 2017: New photos from Dana and Kay Klein
- April 3, 2014: Updated by Luke Harden: Added categories "Navigable waterway", "New York Central Railroad"
- December 5, 2012: Updated by Nathan Holth: This bridge has been demolished.
- August 9, 2012: Updated by Daniel Hopkins: Added category "Railroad"
- March 13, 2012: Updated by Alexander D. Mitchell IV: Updated status to reflect planned demolition
- January 9, 2012: New photos from Ed Storey
- October 15, 2011: New Street View added by James Baughn
- April 2, 2011: Added by Frank Hicks