Cox Ferry Bridge (1869)
Proceedings of the Monroe County Board of Supervisors, 1911
BH Photo #539144
Thanks to James Stewart for locating information relating to the history of this bridge.
- Lost Bowstring through truss bridge over Genesee River on Rush Scottsville Road (current route of NY-251)
- Monroe County, New York
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1869 by Simon de Graff; replaced 1913
- - Simon de Graff of Syracuse, New York
- Bowstring through truss
Span length: 233.0 ft.
Total length: 233.0 ft.
Deck width: 22.5 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.00485, -77.73031 (decimal degrees)
43°00'17" N, 77°43'49" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/277468/4764971 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 100130 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- August 16, 2022: New photo from Paul Plassman
- August 14, 2022: Added by Paul Plassman