South Lyon Street Bridge (1986)
Weight limit sign
Photo taken by James Stewart in September 2022
BH Photo #541142
Dimensions: Panel size, 14'9" x 8'2". Top chord, (2)5" x 2 1/2".
Thanks to James Stewart for these measurements.
- Bailey pony truss bridge over Tonawanda Creek on South Lyon Street in Batavia
- Batavia, Genesee County, New York
- No longer exists
- Future prospects
- Removed; to be replaced with modern truss
- Built 1986; closed 2021; removed 2022
- Improved, 9-panel Bailey pony truss
Span length: 131.9 ft.
Total length: 131.9 ft.
Deck width: 13.1 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.00033, -78.19729 (decimal degrees)
43°00'01" N, 78°11'50" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/728449/4764663 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Batavia South
- Average daily traffic (as of 2014)
- Inventory numbers
- NY 2210820 (New York State bridge identification number)
BH 26100 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of May 2018)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 28.4 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- September 29, 2022: Updated by Paul Plassman: Updated status; bridge is gone per James Stewart
- September 21, 2022: Updated by Paul Plassman: Added photos from James Stewart
- September 20, 2022: Updated by Paul Plassman: Updated status and converted page to Bailey truss
- August 7, 2011: New Street View added by Mark D. Hare