Commercial Slip Squire Whipple Truss Bridge
Although this bridge is modern it is built based on Squire Whipple's original bridge and design at this location.
- Bowstring pony truss bridge over the Erie Canal on a pedestrian walkway
- Buffalo, Erie County, New York
- Open to pedestrians
- Built 2001 as a reconstruction of the 1850's bridge in same location using Squire Whipple's original blueprints.
- - Empire State Development Corporation of New York
- Bowstring pony truss
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.87731, -78.87932 (decimal degrees)
42°52'38" N, 78°52'46" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/673199/4749371 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Buffalo NW
- Inventory number
- BH 49443 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- December 27, 2020: New photos from Josh Schmid
- February 25, 2018: New Street View added by Dana and Kay Klein
- June 13, 2016: New photos from Royce and Bobette Haley
- May 7, 2013: New Street View added by J.P.
- August 28, 2011: Added by James McCray