NYSW - Cortland Tioughnioga River Railroad Bridge
Southern face of the bridge.
Photo taken by Bruce Roberts in May 2022
License: Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike (CC BY-SA)
BH Photo #531478
The HistoricBridges.org entry for this bridge has a fascinating overview under Bridge Documentation!
- Pratt through truss bridge over Tioughnioga River on New York, Susquehanna & Western Railroad
- Cortland, Cortland County, New York
- Open to traffic
- Built 1924
- - Unknown
- - Delaware, Lackawanna & Western Railroad (DLW)
- Erie Lackawanna Railroad (EL)
- New York, Susquehanna, & Western Railway (NYSW)
- Per Historic Bridges entry, Metal 6 Panel Pin-Connected Pratt Through Truss, Fixed.
Length of largest span: 115.0 ft.
Total length: 415.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.59253, -76.15528 (decimal degrees)
42°35'33" N, 76°09'19" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/405214/4716214 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 97949 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 17, 2022: New Street View added by Geoff Hubbs
- May 16, 2022: New photos from Bruce Roberts