Track level view of Ruth Bridge from the east/south side.
Photo taken by Matt Liverani in September 2018
BH Photo #488184
Bridge has been removed with no plans to replace as the nearby mine is expanding waste rock dumping in the area formerly occupied by the road that used this bridge. The road that once used this bridge was permanently closed to the public late last year.
- Steel stringer bridge over BHP Nevada Railroad on CR 44A
- Ruth, White Pine County, Nevada
- Removed but not replaced
- Built 1941
- Steel stringer
Length of largest span: 42.0 ft.
Total length: 120.1 ft.
Deck width: 25.9 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.27983, -114.97322 (decimal degrees)
39°16'47" N, 114°58'24" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 11/674816/4349787 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2017)
- Inventory numbers
- NDOT G-411 (Nevada Dept. of Transportation bridge number)
BH 45100 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of September 2018)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 71.3 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- January 3, 2021: New photos from Matt Liverani
- April 29, 2010: Added by Craig Philpott