Taos Junction Bridge
Rio Grande Bridge
Photo taken by Royce and Bobette Haley in August 2014
BH Photo #298583
The bridge replaced an earlier uncovered 8-panel wooden Howe Truss bridge (with stringer sections) that resembled tall pony trusses.
- Through truss bridge over Rio Grande on NM 567
- Taos County, New Mexico
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1930
- - Veater & Davis (Contractors)
- Virginia Bridge & Iron Co. of Roanoke, Virginia [also known as Virginia Bridge Co.]
- W. C. Davidson (State Highway Engineer)
- Riveted Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 100.1 ft.
Total length: 152.9 ft.
Deck width: 18.7 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 13.0 ft.
- Also called
- Rio Grande Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +36.33598, -105.73360 (decimal degrees)
36°20'10" N, 105°44'01" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 13/434162/4021464 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Taos SW
- Average daily traffic (as of 2017)
- Inventory numbers
- NM 5826 (New Mexico bridge number)
BH 25708 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of July 2017)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 38.2 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- October 7, 2014: Updated by Luke: Added category "Virginia Bridge & Iron Co."
- October 7, 2014: Updated by Royce and Bobette Haley: Corrected build date -added Builders
- April 19, 2010: Updated by Nathan Holth: Added GPS and info.
- Nathan Holth
- Royce and Bobette Haley - roycehaley111 [at] yahoo [dot] com