Avalon Dam Cylinder Gate Access Footbridge
Two bridges providing access to the cylinder gate operating stands at spillway 1 of Avalon Dam
- Howe pony truss bridge over Avalon Lake
- Eddy County, New Mexico
- Open to authorized personnel
- Built 1911 by the U.S. Reclamation Service as part of Avalon Dam
- Howe pony truss with a polygonal top chord.
Length of largest span: 55.0 ft.
Total length: 110.0 ft.
Listed as a contributing resource to the Carlsbad Irrigation District
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +32.49100, -104.25204 (decimal degrees)
32°29'28" N, 104°15'07" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 13/570270/3595107 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 83559 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- November 20, 2018: New photo from Luke
- November 20, 2018: Added by Don Morrison