Cheshire Toll Bridge (1906)
BH Photo #493824
Built for the Springfield Electric Railway Co. to replace a covered bridge at this site.
- Lost Pratt through truss bridge over Connecticut River on Claremont Road.
- Charlestown, Sullivan County, New Hampshire, and Windsor County, Vermont
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1906; replaced 1930.
- - Berlin Iron Bridge Co. of East Berlin, Connecticut
- - Interurban
- Springfield Electric Railway Co.
- Springfield Terminal Railway (ST)
- (2)9-panel, pin-connected Pratt through truss
(1)8-panel, pin-connected Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 163.0 ft.
Total length: 600.0 ft.
Deck width: 20.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.26048, -72.42733 (decimal degrees)
43°15'38" N, 72°25'38" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/708810/4792954 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 92525 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 22, 2022: New photo from Geoff Hubbs
- August 30, 2022: Updated by Paul Plassman: Added categories "9-panel truss", "8-panel truss", "Stone piers", "Lattice Railing"
- September 5, 2021: New photo from Geoff Hubbs
- March 30, 2021: Added by Chester Gehman
- Chester Gehman - gehmanc2000 [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Geoff Hubbs
- Paul Plassman