Chester Covered Bridge 29-08-m
Photo taken by Mike Garland in July 2015
BH Photo #340153
Built in 2011 by the Timber Framers Guild, an international nonprofit group dedicated to preserving the centuries-old art of building with massive beams cut and shaped for each individual structure. Volunteers helped with the construction as well. It is officially New Hampshire's 55th covered bridge.
- Pratt through truss bridge over Wason Pond
- Chester, Rockingham County, New Hampshire
- Open to pedestrians only
- Built 2011
- - Timber Framers Guild
- Pratt through truss
Span length: 29.0 ft.
Total length: 29.0 ft.
Deck width: 8.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 10.0 ft.
- Also called
- Wason Pond Covered Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.98166, -71.21609 (decimal degrees)
42°58'54" N, 71°12'58" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 19/319313/4761160 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- WGCB 29-08-m (World Guide to Covered Bridges number)
BH 69763 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 21, 2015: Added by Mike Garland
- Mike Garland - Rapier342 [at] comcast [dot] net