Stone arch bridge Ipswich NH showing steel deck
Steel deck over stone arch bridge carries Turnpike Road/Route 124 over the Souhegan River in New Ipswich, NH.
Photo cropped from story in New Hampshire Union Leader newspaper.
View this photo at unionleader.com
BH Photo #371480
- Stone arch bridge over Souhegan River on Turnpike Road/Route 124
- New Ipswich, Hillsborough County, New Hampshire
- Open to traffic
- Future prospects
- Like Like the old bridge that is being removed, this new bridge will sit on top of a historic stone arch bridge built in 1820, Moran said.
- Stone arch bridge built in 1820. New Steel bridge sits on top of original stone arch.
- Stone arch
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.75029, -71.82789 (decimal degrees)
42°45'01" N, 71°49'40" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 19/268564/4736963 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 74594 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 30, 2020: New photo from Geoff Hubbs
- December 3, 2016: New Street View added by Dana and Kay Klein
- December 3, 2016: Added by David P. Timmins