Samuel Morey Memorial Bridge
Photo taken by Doug Kerr
BH Photo #178286
The bridge is named for Samuel Morey, an early inventor of steamships and resident of both Orford and Fairlee.
The bridge was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1997.
- Steel through arch bridge over Connecticut River on NH 25A in Orford
- Grafton County, New Hampshire, and Orange County, Vermont
- Open to traffic
- Built 1937; rehabilitated 2002
- - Hagen-Thibodeau Construction Co.
- John H. Wells (Designer)
- Steel through arch
Length of largest span: 424.9 ft.
Total length: 433.7 ft.
Deck width: 24.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.5 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.90667, -72.13917 (decimal degrees)
43°54'24" N, 72°08'21" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/729727/4865485 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2017)
- Inventory number
- BH 24897 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of June 2018)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 60.5 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- May 30, 2020: Updated by Geoff Hubbs: Added builder and Orange County VT
- September 12, 2016: New Street View added by Dana and Kay Klein
- January 7, 2016: New photos from Mike Garland
- September 21, 2015: Photo imported by Dave King
- September 11, 2011: New Street View added by J.P.
- September 19, 2010: New photos from Doug Kerr
- Doug Kerr
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Mike Garland - Rapier342 [at] comcast [dot] net
- Dana and Kay Klein
- Geoff Hubbs