BNSF - Big Blue River Bridge (Hoag)
Hoag Rail Bridge
Photo taken by John Marvig in October 2019
BH Photo #459139
Build date estimated based on similar trusses with the same plaque shape in Illinois.
- Pratt through truss bridge over Big Blue River on BNSF Railway
- Gage County, Nebraska
- Open to traffic
- Built Ca. 1898; Approach partially replaced 2009
- - King Bridge Co. of Cleveland, Ohio
- - BNSF Railway (BNSF)
- Chicago, Burlington & Quincy Railroad (CBQ)
- Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 130.0 ft.
Total length: 600.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.30613, -96.80250 (decimal degrees)
40°18'22" N, 96°48'09" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/686744/4464053 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Beatrice West
- Inventory number
- BH 70994 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 29, 2019: New photos from John Marvig
- October 27, 2019: Updated by John Marvig: Added builder and estimated date
- October 6, 2016: New Street View added by J.P.
- February 12, 2016: Added by John Marvig
- John Marvig - marvigj27 [at] gmail [dot] com
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com