From Historic Bridge Inventory
BH Photo #167509
The first bridge at this location was c 1900 when the Woodson Bridge was moved here. The Woodson bridge was just just down stream from the current Borman Bridge. This bridge was the first steel Berry Bridge and moved to this location and named the Brewer Bridge in 1921.
- Through truss bridge over Niobrara River on a county road, 13.5 mi. east of Valentine and 4.5 miles south of Sparks.
- Cherry County, Nebraska
- Open to traffic
- Built 1899 by the Wrought Iron Bridge Co.; relocated 1921; rehabilitated 1991
- - Jones & Laughlin Steel Co. of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania & Woodlawn, Pennsylvania (Iron/Steel Manufacturer)
- Wrought Iron Bridge Co. of Canton, Ohio
- Pin-connected, 8-panel Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 149.0 ft.
Total length: 149.9 ft.
Deck width: 14.1 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 15.7 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.87619, -100.26669 (decimal degrees)
42°52'34" N, 100°16'00" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/396546/4747844 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 1997)
- Inventory number
- BH 23892 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of June 2017)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 20.7 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- February 18, 2014: Photo imported by Dave King
- March 27, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Added builder
- June 14, 2010: New photo from Nathan Holth