From Historic Bridge Inventory
BH Photo #167497
The first bridge at this location c 1901 replaced the Woodson bridge at the Woodson homestead just down strea. There is postcard attached of the first Borman Bridge.
- Through truss bridge over Niobrara River on Road 220, 1 mi. east and 1 mi. south of Valentine
- Valentine, Cherry County, Nebraska
- Open to traffic
- Built 1916 by the Canton Bridge Co.
- - Canton Bridge Co. of Canton, Ohio
- Pin-connected, 7-panel Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 129.9 ft.
Total length: 130.9 ft.
Deck width: 13.1 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 17.8 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on June 29, 1992
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.85200, -100.52125 (decimal degrees)
42°51'07" N, 100°31'16" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/375707/4745502 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Valentine South
- Average daily traffic (as of 2003)
- Inventory numbers
- NRHP 92000751 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
NE C0E1606105P (Nebraska bridge number)
BH 23895 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of June 2017)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 22.7 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- August 12, 2018: New photo from James Grooms
- August 6, 2011: New photos from James McCray
- June 14, 2010: New photo from Nathan Holth