Cane River Suspension Footbridge 2
This set of eight suspension footbridges can be found along a seven and a half mile stretch of Yancy County's Cane River. All visible from the road paralleling the river, the first six are visible from US 19W and the final two on Hunting Dale Rd - less than a half mile off US 19W.
For the most part, these suspension footbridges appear like the sidewalk outside a typical residence in that only one was posted with a "No Tresspasing" sign while another had "Walk At Your Risk" sign.
The map associated with this listing shows the location of the first one. The remaining seven are as one would work their way downstream on the Cane River in a predominately northeastern direction. Coordinates for all eight are below.
Bridge 1 N 35.98599 W 82.39161
Bridge 2 N 35.99783 W 82.37199
Bridge 3 N 36.01345 W 82.37894
Bridge 4 N 36.01239 W 82.37611
Bridge 5 N 36.00686 W 82.36805
Bridge 6 N 36.00271 W 82.36282
Bridge 7 N 36.01766 W 82.34539
Bridge 8 N 36.01850 W 82.34565
Immediately upstream a mile and a quarter from the first of these eight suspension footbridges is an NCDOT suspension footbridge listed here: http://bridgehunter.com/nc/yancey/bh63495/
This makes 9 suspension footbridges in 4.3 miles as the bird flies / 8.9 river miles.
Added by Patrick S. O'Donnell
- Wire suspension bridge over Cane River on Pedestrian Path
- Yancey County, North Carolina
- Wire/cable suspension
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +35.99782, -82.37196 (decimal degrees)
35°59'52" N, 82°22'19" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/376341/3984576 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 66966 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 11, 2015: Added by Royce and Bobette Haley
- Royce and Bobette Haley - roycehaley111 [at] yahoo [dot] com