Medlin Road Bridge
Medlin Road Bridge 1
This photo was shared on the "History and Culture of Monroe, Union County, NC" Facebook page. It dates from around the 1920's, we believe.
Photo taken by Anonymous
BH Photo #457218
This was a one lane bridge that crossed the southwest end of Lake Lee.
- Lost steel stringer bridge over Lake Lee, Richardson Creek
- Monroe, Union County, North Carolina
- Demolished in 1997 and replaced
- One lane steel stringer with timber deck.
Length of largest span: 41.0 ft.
Total length: 402.9 ft.
Deck width: 15.1 ft.
- Also called
- Lake Lee Bridge
The Big Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +34.96059, -80.52273 (decimal degrees)
34°57'38" N, 80°31'22" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/543572/3868776 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory numbers
- NC 179147 (North Carolina bridge number)
BH 81584 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 3, 2019: New photos from Jimmy Walters
- May 14, 2018: Added by Jimmy