Yadkin River Bridge
The High Point Enterprise: February 24 1975
BH Photo #462514
Originally over the Yadkin River near High Rock Lake and relocated here in 1928.
Collapsed after the railing was struck by a car in heavy fog and rain. NTSB stated that the railing was struck and impacted a main structural support of the bridge. The bridge had been deemed deficient a year earlier but no money was available to replace it.
- Lost Through truss bridge over Yadkin River on Siloam Road (NC 1003)
- Siloam, Surry County, North Carolina, and Yadkin County, North Carolina
- Relocated here 1938; Collapsed 1975
- 8-panel Through truss
Total length: 387.0 ft.
- Also called
- Siloam Road-Yadkin River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +36.28245, -80.56215 (decimal degrees)
36°16'57" N, 80°33'44" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/539320/4015365 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 87489 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- December 15, 2019: Added by Melissa Brand-Welch
- Melissa Brand-Welch - melissabrandwelch [at] msn [dot] com