Dan River Bridge
NBI lists the status as closed, but it looks pretty much abandoned, as well.
- Pony truss bridge over Dan River on Sr1417 (Closed)
- Stokes County, North Carolina
- Closed to all traffic
- Built 1959 (HAER Listing says 1915)
- - Virginia Bridge & Iron Co. of Roanoke, Virginia [also known as Virginia Bridge Co.]
- Pratt pony truss
Length of largest span: 69.9 ft.
Total length: 122.1 ft.
Deck width: 11.2 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +36.53668, -80.40022 (decimal degrees)
36°32'12" N, 80°24'01" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/553688/4043643 (zone/easting/northing)
- Average daily traffic (as of 1980)
- Inventory number
- BH 81888 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of March 2005)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 17.7 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- June 17, 2020: Updated by Luke: Added & to Virginia Bridge & Iron Co.
- May 29, 2020: New photos from Geoff Hubbs
- June 19, 2018: Added by Jimmy