French Broad River Bridge
Bridge profile from south side looking north
Photo taken by Calvin Sneed in August 2014
BH Photo #292100
Deck supported by concrete girders shaped in arch format. Skewed 25%.
- Concrete tee beam bridge over French Broad River on U.S. 25 (Dixie Highway), U.S. 70
- Hot Springs, Madison County, North Carolina
- Open to traffic
- Replaced a 6-span Warren through truss bridge 200 feet downriver in 1951
- - North Carolina State Highway Department
- Tee beam
Length of largest span: 66.0 ft.
Total length: 526.9 ft.
Deck width: 32.2 ft.
- Also called
- Highway 25-70 Bridge
Bridge Street Bridge
Asheville Highway Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +35.89369, -82.82306 (decimal degrees)
35°53'37" N, 82°49'23" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/335463/3973692 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Hot Springs
- 1319 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 62650 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- August 24, 2014: New Street View added by Calvin Sneed
- Calvin Sneed - us43137415 [at] yahoo [dot] com