Scott Creek Arch Bridge
Original bridge was one lane.. view is on the north side of the creek looking west
Photo taken by Calvin Sneed in March 2014
BH Photo #326822
Appeared in the 1993 movie "The Fugitive"
- Concrete arch bridge over Scott Creek on Business US 23 in Sylva
- Sylva, Jackson County, North Carolina
- Open to traffic
- Built 1932; rehabilitated 1985
- - NC-DOT
Length of largest span: 27.9 ft.
Total length: 56.1 ft.
Deck width: 39.4 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +35.37500, -83.21528 (decimal degrees)
35°22'30" N, 83°12'55" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/298762/3916883 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Sylva South
- Average daily traffic (as of 2014)
- Inventory numbers
- NC 990077 (North Carolina bridge number)
BH 23285 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of March 2018)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 64.8 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- October 14, 2020: Updated by Luke: Corrected build date; noted appearance in "The Fugitive"
- June 3, 2015: New photos from Calvin Sneed
- Calvin Sneed - us43137415 [at] yahoo [dot] com