Mississippi, Noxubee Co. Macon Noxubee R. Highway Bridge Ms. 14, 6 Miles E To Mcleod, 4.5 Miles S On Mcleod-Shuqualak Road. Hohorner's Bridge (1884). Aerial View Of E Half, From N. David J. Kaminsky, Architectural Photography, Atlanta, Ga. Aug. 1978
Photo taken by David J. Kaminsky for the Historic American Engineering Record
View photos at Library of Congress
BH Photo #314869
Very interesting and unusual abandoned truss bridge, apparently the same bridge as is HAER-documented (search 'Mahorner bridge'); only the middle span appears intact.
- Abandoned pony truss swing bridge over Noxubee River on Abandoned alignment of Mahorner Rd
- Noxubee County, Mississippi
- Bypassed and abandoned with approach pony trusses removed
- Built 1884, bypassed after 1970s
- - Virginia Bridge & Iron Co. of Roanoke, Virginia [also known as Virginia Bridge Co.]
- Wrought Iron Bridge Co. of Canton, Ohio
- Unusual truss bridge with two (now removed) pony truss approach spans and a long central swing span
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +33.01957, -88.45975 (decimal degrees)
33°01'10" N, 88°27'35" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/363660/3654402 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 63369 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 19, 2017: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added category "Pin-connected"
- January 31, 2015: HAER photos posted by James Baughn
- October 7, 2014: Updated by Zachary S: Added category "HAER documented"