US 80 Chunky River Bridge
Truss was removed in 1992 and replaced with concrete section of the same narrow width, as the original concrete approaches were left in place and are still used as part of the current bridge. There was another bridge exactly like this one just down the road in Lauderdale County, and it received the same treatment.
- Lost through truss bridge over Chunky River on US 80
- Newton County, Mississippi
- Replaced by new bridge
- Built 1929; replaced 1992
- Through truss
Length of largest span: 120.1 ft.
Total length: 534.1 ft.
Deck width: 20.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 12.7 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +32.32611, -88.92167 (decimal degrees)
32°19'34" N, 88°55'18" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/319119/3578205 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2016)
- Inventory number
- BH 41346 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of February 2017)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 63 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- February 10, 2010: Updated by Jared Rainer: Added more info about replacement
- March 26, 2009: Updated by C Hanchey
- March 15, 2009: Added by James Baughn
- C Hanchey - cmh2315fl [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Jared Rainer - chumrain [at] bayspringstel [dot] net