A nine-panel pin connected Pennsylvania through truss with a one-lane wooden deck built in 1911 by the Stupp Bros. Bridge & Iron Co.
In the early county records, this is referred to as the 'Lone Rock' Bridge. USACE Memphis District Photos of the bridge from 1943 refer to it as the Holladay Landing Bridge.
On August 25, 1910 the Wayne County Court 'In the matter of building a steel bridge across St. Francis River near Lone Rock' ordered the county highway engineer to survey the proposed bridge location and make an estimate for the cost of building a steel bridge there.
It was built by the Stupp Bros. Bridge & Iron Co. of St. Louis for Wayne County in 1911, in conjunction with the St Francis River bridge at Wappapello. The contract for that pair of bridges was awarded by the County Court in Nov. 1910 for a sum of $10,190
Bridges at Wappapello Lake were removed in 1947 following a settlement between the USACE and Wayne County for the value of county roads and bridges that were affected by Wappapello Lake.
- Lost bridge over St. Francis River (now Lake Wappapello) near the historic townsite of Kime, just north of Holliday Landing
- Wayne County, Missouri
- Two sets of piers remain standing
- Abandoned after the creation of Lake Wappapello in 1941 (or before)
- - Stupp Brothers Bridge & Iron Co. of St. Louis, Missouri
- Pennsylvania through truss
- Also called
- Hollday Landing Bridge, Lone Rock Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +37.04093, -90.41757 (decimal degrees)
37°02'27" N, 90°25'03" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/729672/4102532 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Greenville SW
- Land survey
- T.27N. R.5 E. NE part of Sec.5 ; US Survey 2248
- 365 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 22803 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 17, 2015: Updated by Rusty Weisman: Added categories "pin-connected", "one-lane traffic", "Riveted"
- July 7, 2008: New photos from James Baughn
- James Baughn - webmaster [at] bridgehunter [dot] com
- Rusty Weisman