Green Park Alpha Concrete Spur Bridge
View to the west.
Photo taken by Mark Dellbringge in December 2011
BH Photo #221494
This bridge was used to serve the quarries of the Alpha Concrete Company. In 1994, the quarry was abandoned and filled in with thousands of sandbags used in the Flood of 1993. An industrial park was built on top of the filled in quarry, and the edges of the quarry were built up with sandbags and dirt fill, explaining the appearance that the bridge leads to nothing.
- Abandoned concrete stringer bridge over Gravois Creek, located just west of BNSF Railroad Trestle and off Grant's Trail
- Green Park, St. Louis County, Missouri
- Abandoned, with center span over Gravois Creek missing
- Formerly used by Missouri Pacific Railroad to serve Alpha Concrete Co.
- - Missouri Pacific Railroad (MP)
- Concrete stringer
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.52954, -90.32485 (decimal degrees)
38°31'46" N, 90°19'29" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/733191/4267964 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Webster Groves
- 449.5 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 47535 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- July 6, 2016: New photo from Joe Leets
- November 2, 2013: Updated by Joe Leets: Added new picture, corrected info
- August 9, 2012: Updated by Daniel Hopkins: Added category "Railroad"
- December 9, 2011: New photos from Mark Dellbringge
- January 6, 2011: Added by Mark Dellbringge