South Kingshighway Boulevard MetroLink Overpass
Guard rail along western edge set in stone footings
Photo taken by Mark Dellbringge in August 2010
BH Photo #173159
Only the western guard rail of this bridge is visible from South Kingshighway Boulevard. It is part of a tunnel that runs under S. Kingshighway and the hospital builidings to its east, all the way over to Euclid Avenue. The tunnel is used by the MetroLink light rail system.
- Steel stringer bridge over the MetroLink on South Kingshighway Boulevard in St. Louis
- Central West End, St. Louis, Missouri
- Open to traffic
- Built 1937
- - MetroLink (BSDA)
- Wabash Railroad (WAB)
- Steel stringer with stone abutments
Span length: 45.9 ft.
Total length: 45.9 ft.
Deck width: 91.9 ft.
- Also called
- Wabash Railroad Bridge 9-B
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.63728, -90.26611 (decimal degrees)
38°38'14" N, 90°15'58" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/737956/4280072 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 45 N., R. 7 E., Sec. 18
- Average daily traffic (as of 2018)
- Inventory numbers
- MONBI 12950 (Missouri bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 45933 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of April 2018)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 60.5 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- May 25, 2020: New photo from James Holzmeier
- January 28, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "MetroLink"
- February 12, 2011: Updated by Mark Dellbringge: Clarified description; updated with data from 2010 NBI.
- August 22, 2010: New photos from Mark Dellbringge
- August 19, 2010: Added by Mark Dellbringge