Graveyard Ford Bridge
Backroad Boys Bridge Edition 4
At the time we believed this to be Gillis Bridge. Records now indicate this to be Baker or Graveyard Ford. You may have to 'rewind' the video to the beginning. Video also shows Sigsby Bridge in Shelby County, MO.
Ken Ballard, K. Allen Ballard
Play video on YouTube
Name changed based on info below from Rusty Weisman.
Unconfirmed but a friend says this bridge is closed now. Hate to hear this news, I loved to visit this bridge quite often.
This is a high sided Bedstead Pony Truss.
Bridge has been been replaced by a UECB. Old bridge has been moved to the west and sits on the north side of CR342 less the deck.
- Bedstead pony truss bridge over Black Creek on CR 342
- Shelby County, Missouri
- Replaced and moved to dry ground, hopefully for reuse.
- Built 1908 by the Michelmann Steel Construction Co.
- - Michelmann Steel Construction Co., Quincy, IL
- Pin-connected, 5-panel Pratt bedstead pony truss
Length of largest span: 80.0 ft.
Total length: 81.0 ft.
Deck width: 11.8 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Also called
- Baker Ford Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.76841, -91.97630 (decimal degrees)
39°46'06" N, 91°58'35" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/587677/4402555 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 57 N., R. 10 W., Sec. 2
- 680 ft. above sea level
- Average daily traffic (as of 2016)
- Inventory numbers
- MO 102-321001.2 (Missouri off-system bridge number)
MONBI 21737 (Missouri bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 22549 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of March 2018)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 21.7 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- June 10, 2021: New photo from Chris Gonnerman
- September 30, 2020: New video from K. Allen Ballard
- June 25, 2019: Updated by K. Allen Ballard: Have been informed by friend that bridge is presently closed.
- May 29, 2018: Updated by James Baughn: Bridge is available for adaptive reuse
- December 11, 2017: New photos from K. Allen Ballard
- November 30, 2017: New photos from K. Allen Ballard
- June 22, 2015: New photos from K. Allen Ballard
- May 6, 2010: New photos from James Baughn