BH Photo #106927
Bailey Bridge was the 1st structure here, prior to this there was a low water crossing. Wooden deck removed, Concrete deck added 1989 at a cost of $89,000.
- Lost through truss over Salt River on Bailey Bridge Road southeast of New London
- Ralls County, Missouri
- Replaced by a boring concrete bridge
- Built 1910 by Stupp Brothers; replaced 2002
- - Stupp Brothers Bridge & Iron Co. of St. Louis, Missouri
- Pin-connected, 10-panel Pennsylvania through truss with Pony truss southern approach.
Length of largest span: 229.9 ft.
Total length: 321.8 ft.
Deck width: 16.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 18.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.56438, -91.30299 (decimal degrees)
39°33'52" N, 91°18'11" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/645776/4380784 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Hannibal SE
- Land survey
- T. 55 N., R. 4 W., Sec. 12
- Inventory numbers
- MO 087-089001.0 (Missouri off-system bridge number)
BH 22403 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 26, 2014: Updated by K. Allen Ballard: Added 2 photos; updated demo date; approach span detail.
- June 6, 2005: Bridge has been replaced