Three Arches Bridge
Three Arches Bridge, North side, downstream
Photo taken by K. Allen Ballard in December 31, 2015
BH Photo #344799
Probably replaced a wooden trestle. The ICC, Interstate Commission always gave poor audit reports for wood trestle structures due to difficulty and expense in maintaining them. A lot of 'Short Line' bridges were replace with steel decks & concrete pilings about 1910-25.
- Three-span concrete encased stone arch bridge over Little Peno Creek on CR 49
- Pike County, Missouri
- Open to traffic
- Built 1900
- - St. Louis & Hannibal Railroad (StL&H)
- Closed-spandrel arch
Length of largest span: 16.1 ft.
Total length: 65.0 ft.
Deck width: 51.8 ft.
- Also called
- StL&H - Little Peno Creek Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.47250, -91.31581 (decimal degrees)
39°28'21" N, 91°18'57" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/644865/4370566 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 54 N., R. 4 W., Sec. 11
- 560 ft. above sea level
- Average daily traffic (as of 2016)
- Inventory numbers
- MONBI 13112 (Missouri bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
MONBI 13112 (Missouri bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
MO 082-029001.5 (Missouri off-system bridge number)
BH 22333 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of July 2018)
- Overall condition: Fair
Sufficiency rating: 43.9 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- June 28, 2016: New photos from John Marvig
- June 24, 2016: Updated by John Marvig: Added information
- December 31, 2015: Updated by K. Allen Ballard: Add new photo; update history/description and categories
- November 19, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Added categories "St. Louis & Hannibal Railroad", "Railroad"
- October 18, 2010: Updated by Jamie Forbes: Added elevation @ 560'
- October 3, 2009: New photo from James Baughn
- Missouri Historic Bridge Inventory
- James Baughn - webmaster [at] bridgehunter [dot] com
- Jamie Forbes - jwforbes87 [at] gmail [dot] com
- K. Allen Ballard - speedeeprint [at] gmail [dot] com
- John Marvig - marvigj27 [at] gmail [dot] com