Wabash Railroad Bridge #234
Replacement for earlier Bridge #234 53.0' T.P.G. design), which spanned the earlier, 2-lane US Hwy 40 just a bit to the north of this location
- Steel stringer bridge over I-70/US 40 on Wabash, later N&W, later NS Railway
- Montgomery County, Missouri
- Open to rail traffic
- Original Hwy. 40 bridge at this location built 1924; replaced by this bridge 1955
- - Norfolk Southern Railway (NS)
- Wabash Railroad (WAB)
- Steel stringer bridge w/concrete deck and decorative concrete abutments
Length of largest span: 53.0 ft.
Total length: 190.6 ft.
Deck width: 13.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.86781, -91.34876 (decimal degrees)
38°52'04" N, 91°20'56" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/643253/4303402 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 64197 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- December 14, 2014: Updated by James Holzmeier: Updated bridge dimensions and build date (per Wabash RR documents)
- November 21, 2014: New Street View added by James Holzmeier