West Medicine Creek Bridge
HAER lists this as the earliest remaining example of this type, well preserved.
- Lost bedstead pony truss bridge over West Medicine Creek on Domino Place (CR 122)
- Mercer County, Missouri
- Removed but not replaced
- Built 1899 by the Dildine Bridge Co.
- - Dildine Bridge Co. of Cameron, Missouri
- Steel, 3 panel, pin-connected pratt truss leg bedstead
Length of largest span: 39.0 ft.
Total length: 40.0 ft.
Deck width: 11.8 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.47222, -93.41040 (decimal degrees)
40°28'20" N, 93°24'37" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/465210/4480251 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 66 N., R. 22 W., Sec. 32
- Inventory numbers
- MO 065-122002.5 (Missouri off-system bridge number)
BH 43311 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 26, 2013: Updated by Chris Gonnerman: Bridge has been removed, road now ends here; there is a low-water crossing serving the landowner.
- March 6, 2012: Updated by Clark Vance: HAER info added in description
- August 30, 2009: Added by James Baughn