US 61 Taylor Bridge (Old)
Abutments for the previous bridge still remain upstream of the current bridge; this was likely a Camelback design as was the Wakonda River Bridge in LaGrange replaced about the same time. The LaGrange bridge or possibly the previous Taylor bridge was moved to Steffenville, MO and it still remains there as of 2018. See Deacon/Mesmer Bridge, Shelby County, MO.
- Lost through truss bridge over North Fabius River on CR 313 (Old US 24/61)
- Marion County, Missouri
- Bleigh Construction of Hannibal MO demolished the bridge the week of August 5th 2019.
- Built 1929, replacing an earlier bridge, likely a camelback design similar to the one in LaGrange, MO over the Wakonda River.
- Riveted, 10-panel Parker through truss
Length of largest span: 200.0 ft.
Total length: 201.0 ft.
Deck width: 19.7 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.93655, -91.52522 (decimal degrees)
39°56'12" N, 91°31'31" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/626006/4421755 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 59 N., R. 6 W., Sec. 2
- Average daily traffic (as of 2017)
- Inventory numbers
- MO 064-304000.7 (Missouri off-system bridge number)
MONBI 21384 (Missouri bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 22015 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of February 2017)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 17.5 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- September 7, 2021: New photo from Steve Conro
- August 27, 2021: New photo from Geoff Hubbs
- August 14, 2019: New photo from Jeremy Ruble
- August 13, 2019: Updated by Nathan Holth: Demolished as part of replacement project bid June 2019.
- February 23, 2018: Updated by K. Allen Ballard: Update some description and historical references.
- February 2, 2018: New Street View added by Dana and Kay Klein
- February 2, 2018: Updated by David Backlin: Updated to Closed
- April 3, 2006: Posted new photos