Hoblett Bottom Bridge
First sighting, looking east
Photo taken by Clark Vance in August 2011
BH Photo #207587
NBI shows open in 1992, closed 1996, unlisted after that.
- Abandoned through truss bridge over Blackwater River on NE 501st Road
- Johnson County, Missouri
- Intact but with the abutment on the south washed out.
- Built 1929 by the Standard Bridge Co.
- - Standard Bridge Co. of Omaha, Nebraska
- Pin-connected, 10-panel Parker through truss
Length of largest span: 200.1 ft.
Total length: 236.9 ft.
Deck width: 13.5 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 16.0 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Also called
- Blackwater River Bridge
Tin Bottom Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.81692, -93.65199 (decimal degrees)
38°49'01" N, 93°39'07" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/443397/4296661 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Warrensburg East
- Land survey
- T. 47 N., R. 25 W., Sec. 34
- 692 ft. above sea level
- Inventory numbers
- MO 051-153001.5 (Missouri off-system bridge number)
BH 42797 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 8, 2014: New photos from James Baughn
- August 4, 2011: Updated by Clark Vance: Added photos, changed status, changed name
- July 16, 2011: Updated by Clark Vance: Topo map elevation and quad
- June 14, 2009: Added by James Baughn