RI - East Stadium Drive Overpass
Photo taken by Joshua Collins in December 2009
BH Photo #150688
This bridge was initially built at the level below the arch as steel beams encased in concrete. Shortly thereafter the arched section raised the grade eight feet with to go above the nearby KCS line to the west. The retaining walls in the street view show the line of the former height.
- Concrete Arch bridge over E. Stadium Drive on Abandoned Rock Island Railroad
- Kansas City, Jackson County, Missouri
- Intact but closed to all traffic
- Built 1904
- - Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad (CRIP (1866-1920); RI (1920-1975) ROCK (1975-1980))
- Concrete arch added atop concrete encased steel beams.
Span length: 30.0 ft.
Total length: 30.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.05721, -94.50083 (decimal degrees)
39°03'26" N, 94°30'03" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/370142/4324197 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Kansas City
- Land survey
- T. 49 N., R. 33 W., Sec. 24
- Inventory number
- BH 43766 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- December 29, 2019: New photo from Clark Vance
- March 7, 2017: New photos from John Marvig
- July 30, 2014: Updated by Clark Vance: Added link to historic photos of increased elevation added.
- September 1, 2012: New photo from Clark Vance
- June 8, 2011: Updated by Clark Vance: New photos, changed status to Inactive
- June 22, 2010: Updated by Joshua Collins: Added "Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad" to categories
- December 17, 2009: Added by Joshua Collins
- Joshua Collins - Bigjc1979 [at] aol [dot] com
- Clark Vance - cvance [at] dogmail [dot] com
- The Railroad Gazette, October 21, 1904 - Google book scan with description of the St. Louis to Kansas City CRI&P line
- John Marvig - marvigj27 [at] gmail [dot] com