Blue Ridge Bridge
Photo provided by George Blowfish
BH Photo #105592
From Engineering World Vol. IV, No. 16:
"Kansas City Mo--The Forrester-Swenson Construction Co. Kansas City, has been awarded contract at $14,500 for building a rubble stone arch bridge on the Blue Ridge road over the 15th St road."
- Stone arch bridge over MO 12 on Blue Ridge Blvd. between Kansas City and Independence
- Kansas City, Jackson County, Missouri
- Open to two-lane traffic above and four-lane traffic below
- Built 1906 by the Forrester-Swenson Construction Co.
- - Forrester-Swenson Construction Co. of Kansas City, Missouri
- Rubble Stone arch
Length of largest span: 68.9 ft.
Total length: 85.9 ft.
Deck width: 56.4 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.09225, -94.47730 (decimal degrees)
39°05'32" N, 94°28'38" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/372241/4328052 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 49 N., R. 32 W., Sec. 5
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- Inventory numbers
- MONBI 13593 (Missouri bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 21686 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of January 2017)
- Overall condition: Fair
Sufficiency rating: 76.6 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- September 15, 2016: New photo from Clark Vance
- September 13, 2016: New Street View added by Dana and Kay Klein
- January 5, 2010: New photo from Eric Kinkhorst
- June 12, 2008: New photos from Max Johnson
- July 6, 2005: Posted photos from George Blowfish
- George Blowfish - gblowfish [at] georgeblowfish [dot] com
- Eric Kinkhorst - erick [dot] bud [at] gmail [dot] com
- Clark Vance - cvance [at] dogmail [dot] com
- Dana and Kay Klein