Axline Road Sni-A-Bar Creek Bridge
Photo taken by Clark Vance in Dec 2019
BH Photo #462956
This bridge has been private property for at least 40 years. The current owner uses it for field access and has a large track hoe equipped with a homebuilt attachment for pulling accumulated trees out of the water, thus preserving the bridge.
The landowner was informative about the neighborhood roads and bridges, and quite gracious in allowing me access.
- Closed-spandrel skewed arch bridge over Sni-A-Bar Creek on Axline Road
- Jackson County, Missouri
- Open to authorized vehicles only
- Built ca 1920, abandoned ca 1950
- Closed-spandrel arch
Total length: 100.0 ft.
Deck width: 18.0 ft.
- Skew angle
- 45 degrees
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.03749, -94.14642 (decimal degrees)
39°02'15" N, 94°08'47" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/400780/4321562 (zone/easting/northing)
- Land survey
- T. 49 N., R. 29 W., Sec. 19
- 750 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 87583 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- December 27, 2019: New photos from Clark Vance
- December 26, 2019: Added by Clark Vance
- Clark Vance - cvance [at] dogmail [dot] com