US 40 GMO overpass
Builder per The Daily Capital News (Jefferson City, Missouri) September 16, 1948.
One of a few attributed to Perry McGlone Construction Co.
- Lost Beam bridge over KCS RW (GMO when built) on E Old US Hwy 40
- Jackson County, Missouri
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1948
- - Perry McGlone Construction Co. of Kansas City, Missouri
- - Chicago & Alton Railroad (C&A)
- Gulf, Mobile & Ohio Railroad (GMO)
- Illinois Central Railroad (IC; ICG (1972-1988))
- Kansas City Southern Railway (KCS)
Length of largest span: 38.1 ft.
Total length: 128.0 ft.
Deck width: 20.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.01751, -94.17020 (decimal degrees)
39°01'03" N, 94°10'13" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/398694/4319370 (zone/easting/northing)
- Land survey
- T. 49 N., R. 30 W., Sec. 36
- 830 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 85498 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 11, 2019: Added by Clark Vance
- Clark Vance - cvance [at] dogmail [dot] com