Pryor Road Cedar Creek Bridge
Photo courtesy City of Lee's Summit, MO
BH Photo #184345
This bridge and two nearby culverts on Longview road were destroyed when the city realigned the intersection of Longview Road and Pryor. These roads have gone from rural to suburban over the last 25 years. The bridge had been closed to traffic for some years before it was replaced. An engineering report suggests that the bridge and culverts were built ca. 1870.
- Lost pony truss bridge over Cedar Creek on Pryor Road in Lee's Summit
- Lee's Summit, Jackson County, Missouri
- replaced by a new bridge
- NB gives build date of 1910; Engineering report suggests that this was built around 1870
- Pratt pony truss
Length of largest span: 37.0 ft.
Total length: 127.9 ft.
Deck width: 15.7 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.90645, -94.41404 (decimal degrees)
38°54'23" N, 94°24'51" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/377392/4307345 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Lees Summit
- Land survey
- T. 47 N., R. 31 W., Sec. 7
- 900 ft. above sea level
- Inventory numbers
- MO 048-243502.3 (Missouri off-system bridge number)
MONBI 20025 (Missouri bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 21709 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- August 28, 2012: New photos from Clark Vance
- November 2, 2010: Updated by Clark Vance: Added photo
- September 12, 2010: Updated by Clark Vance: Adding information from engineering report done prior to demolition.
- February 17, 2010: Updated by Joshua Collins: updated creek name
- November 8, 2009: Updated by Joshua Collins: status, overview
- Joshua Collins - Bigjc1979 [at] aol [dot] com
- Clark Vance - cvance [at] dogmail [dot] com
- Historical record - Description of the culverts