Middle Branch of Squaw Creek Bridge
Photo taken by Neil Krout in March 2021
BH Photo #492975
Currently in outdoor storage, in small field, adjacent to original location.
- Queenpost pony truss bridge originally over Middle Branch of Squaw Creek on Atchison Holt Rd
- Holt County, Missouri, and Atchison County, Missouri
- Intact currently next to original location.
- Built 1910
- 3-panel, pinned Queenpost pony truss
Length of largest span: 24.9 ft.
Total length: 68.9 ft.
Deck width: 15.7 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.26173, -95.18152 (decimal degrees)
40°15'42" N, 95°10'53" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/314491/4459090 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 63 N., R. 38 W., Sec. 21
- Average daily traffic (as of 2014)
- Inventory numbers
- MONBI 14157 (Missouri bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 62189 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of February 2016)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 32.2 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- March 14, 2021: Updated by Tony Dillon: Added truss type
- March 14, 2021: New photos from Neil Krout
- September 27, 2017: New Street View added by David Backlin
- August 1, 2014: Added by James Baughn
- David Backlin - us71 [at] cox [dot] net
- Neil Krout - kickinpony [dot] 66 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com