MILW - Cameron Road Overpass
Setting seen from the north
Photo taken by Clark Vance in November 2013
BH Photo #269571
"What's Here" shows this as CPRS Trenton sub although the rails and bridges are gone.
Although the culvert is dated 1915, a 1914 map shows "Chicago, Milwaukee & St. Paul RR" [sic] here. This line moved to an alignment to the north in 1930 based on the date on the new bridge. By 1942 the topo shows the original alignment as a spur from the new alignment northeast of town to (coal?) mines on the SW edge of town.
- Lost Bridge over Cameron Road on former MILW alignment
- Clay County, Missouri
- Removed but not replaced
- - Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad (MILW; CMStP&P; CMStP)
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.32063, -94.29098 (decimal degrees)
39°19'14" N, 94°17'28" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/388716/4353152 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 58653 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- November 4, 2013: New photos from Clark Vance
- November 3, 2013: Updated by Clark Vance: Added category "Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad"
- Clark Vance - cvance [at] dogmail [dot] com